Here are some things that have been working out better than expected:
1. The Health Ministry – Misrad Habriyut *5400 – they have never been more amenable! They actually answer the phone in a timely fashion and give clear, relevant answers (and not just regarding Corona – my clients have many other, often complicated, issues)!
2. The new government central number (my secret) –
They have helped me with real estate transactions, when the Property Tax office either did not answer, or was incapable.
They helped with Transport Ministry matters – my client had been waiting for months for a new drivers’ license; I got it for her in one phone call!
They’ve helped me with technical difficulties with the Justice Ministry website.
3. The Rabbinic Court – have been very helpful in obtaining old files for my clients – various judgements, including Probate orders from years ago.
4. Deadlines – by the banks, courts, tax authorities, insurance companies, etc. have all been graciously extended.
5. General Professional Flexibility – my experience has been a generosity of spirit amongst lawyers, accountants, and between them and their clients. Notably, Macabi Health Services has been outstanding in their administrative patience and care!
6. And, the winner is:
Bituach Leumi! They have come through for the elderly and the disabled in a way that no seasoned pessimist could have predicted.
*I’ve chosen to focus on the positive!